DMT is one of the most psychedelic compounds on Earth. Just 20 mg of changa dmt or its cousin, 5-MeO-DMT, is enough to teleport you to what could be thought of as an alternate dimension.you can buy your quality smokable plant online.
There are a few ways to use DMT. The most well-known is the shamanic formula from the Amazon called ayahuasca. This DMT-based preparation lasts up to 12 hours and requires a lot of preparation.
You can also smoke or vape DMT using a conventional pipe, dab rig, or bong for a powerful but short-lived DMT trip.
Here’s everything you need to know about smoking DMT.
Tips For Smoking DMT
- Always have a trip sitter nearby — never smoke DMT alone
- Follow the tried and tested rules of set, setting, and substance
- Always test your DMT with a drug testing reagent before you use it
- Take long, slow breaths to reduce the harshness of the smoke
- Hold your breath at the top for 20 or 30 seconds before you exhale
- Set an intention before you start, and take time to get into a good mindset
- Avoid burning the DMT directly — hold the lighter away from the DMT, so it vaporizes
- Always measure your dose with a precision scale — don’t eyeball your dose of DMT
Method #1: Use a Cold-Start Rig
A cold-start rig is considered the gold standard for smoking DMT. They share a similar design to a dab rig (hot rig) but allow the DMT to be added to the device before the heat is applied.
You then heat the device gradually until the DMT starts to vaporize without going overboard and burning. This prevents any unnecessary loss due to excess heat and offers a smoother, less cough-inducing hit.
The HAMMR rig is a good example of a cold-start rig optimized for DMT.
How to Smoke DMT With a Cold-Start Rig
- Measure your dose of DMT with a precision scale
- Place the DMT in the chamber of the cold-start device
- Begin heating the base of the chamber with a lighter or by turning on the device (electric cold-start devices)
- Once the DMT crystals start to bubble and vaporize, remove the heat
- Begin inhaling through the mouthpiece — slow and gradual inhalation is best
- Hold your breath as long as you can — hand the device to your trip sitter to move to a safe location
Method #2: Use a Dab Rig (Hot Rig)
Dab rigs are designed to smoke cannabis concentrates but will work great for smoking DMT too.
Dab rigs are essentially just a bong with a special type of bowl called a “nail.” The design allows users to heat the nail directly using a torch lighter. The concentrates (or DMT) is then dropped on top of the hot nail, causing it to vaporize. The nail has a cup shape that prevents the contents from leaking all over the place when they melt.
The main benefit of using a dab rig to smoke DMT is that they’re super easy to use and are readily available at head shops. The downside is that you’re unable to gauge the exact amount of heat needed to vaporize the DMT, so some of the DMT will inevitably be lost through excess heat.
How to Smoke DMT From a Dab Rig
- Pre-measure your dose using a precision scale
- Transfer your DMT dose to a small spoon to make it easier to drop into the rig later
- Prepare your dab rig by heating the nail with a torch lighter for 20 seconds
- Drop your dose onto the nail and immediately start pulling on the rig through the mouthpiece
- Inhale slowly and deeply, hold your breath
- Move your rig aside to avoid inadvertently destroying it while you begin to trip
Method #3: Use a Pipe
Smoking DMT from a pipe is cheap and convenient but isn’t going to make your throat and lungs feel very great afterward.
You can use any pipe, but a glass freebase pipe is optimized for smoking-free base chemicals — including DMT.
Freebase pipes consist of a glass bulb with a mouthpiece coming off. You place the DMT crystals inside the glass bulb and heat the outside with a lighter. The glass heats up, gradually vaporizing the crystals, which are then inhaled. This method allows you to control the temperature to avoid overburning the DMT.
Conventional tobacco or weed pipes work too, but they’re far from perfect. When DMT crystals melt, it turns into a liquid that can spill through the pipe, wasting your DMT and causing the pipe to become “contaminated.” If you ever use the pipe again for something else, you may get an unexpected dose of DMT.
How to Smoke DMT From a Pipe:
- Measure your dose with a precision scale
- Place the DMT directly into the pipe
- Get your trip sitter to hold the lighter to the outside of the glass bulb until you see the DMT start to bubble
- Take a long, slow, deep breath through the mouthpiece
- Hold your breath as long as you can, and place the pipe in a safe location while you wait for the effects to kick in
- Repeat as many times as necessary
Best Pipes for Smoking DMT
- Glass Vapor Genie — This pipe acts like a vaporizer through the use of a convection heating bowl
- Genius Pipe — This pipe has an innovative design that cools the smoke through a heat sink before it gets to your mouth
- Freebase Pipes — AKA “crack pipes” are designed specifically for smoking freebase compounds
Method #4: The Sandwich Method
This method involves mixing your DMT with some weed or another smokeable herb. This method has two advantages — it reduces the loss of DMT as it melts and leaks, and it helps smooth out the smoke, so it’s not so harsh on your throat.
You can use DMT and weed directly or swap the weed with another herb like mullein or raspberry leaf to improve the experience and reduce harshness.
How to Smoke DMT With the Sandwich Method
- Measure your dose of DMT using a precision scale
- Place a small dose of herb in the bottom of your bowl, leaving lots of room on top
- Sprinkle your dose of DMT evenly over the herb
- Cover the DMT with more herb to finish the sandwich
- Spark the bowl with a lighter and take a slow, gradual inhale; hold your breath when you get to the top
- Hand your pipe, bong, or whatever you’re using to your trip sitter to move it to a safe location
Alternatively, you can mix DMT in with a joint or cigarette for the same effect.
Method #5: Changa
Changa is often referred to as “smokable ayahuasca”. It’s made by mixing ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi) with freebase DMT. The ayahuasca vine contains natural MAO inhibitors (harmala alkaloids) that help prevent the breakdown of DMT. This makes the experience last longer and hit harder than it does on its own.
Here are some popular herbs people use to make changa:
- Ayahuasca vine — the primary MAO inhibitor
- Mullein — used to smooth out the harshness of the smoke
- Passionflower — gives the blend a nice relaxing feel
- Peppermint — adds flavor to the smoke
Here’s how to prepare changa:
- Prepare your herbs by grinding them up with a coffee grinder
- Weigh the herbs using a scale
- Prepare 25% of the total weight of the herbs in DMT (1 gram of herbs means you should use 250 mg of DMT)
- Mix the DMT with some vodka (or other high-proof liquor)
- Coat the DMT-infused vodka over the herbs and allow them to air dry
- Once dried, changa is best used in a bong or pipe — start with 100 mg of changa and add more gradually
Method #6: Use a DMT Vape Pen
Vape pens are the best alternative to smoking. They’re easier to use and harder to accidentally break once the DMT starts to kick in.
You can buy DMT vape pens online in the form of pre-filled cartridges or standalone disposable vapes. You can also use a mesh pen or mod pen and use DMT freebase powder directly.
Some users prefer to make their own DMT-infused E-liquid and use that to refill the tank on a reusable vape pen.
There are a few key advantages of vaping DMT over smoking:
- Vape pens aren’t as harsh as smoking
- You can control your dose more easily
- Less DMT is wasted from overheating
There are several downsides to vaping to be aware of as well:
- It’s easy to overuse vape pens
- You never know what’s inside the vape liquid unless you make it yourself
- Vapes have a higher potential for abuse
- They can be expensive